1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter - Allentown, Pa.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Reporter

Description:
    The Morning Call, in Allentown, Pa., is seeking an experienced, enterprising and versatile sports reporter and storyteller, who can connect with readers on multiple digital platforms, cover the day-to-day workings of a beat as well as find stories that go unnoticed by others. Required digital skills include extensive use of social media, video and photos, when necessary. Experience and knowledge of digital audience drivers expected. At least two years of daily newspaper reporting experience is preferred. Main coverage beats will be the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Lehigh Valley Phantoms with other duties as assigned. Send resume, cover letter and no more than six clips to Mike Miorelli, assistant managing editor news/sports, The Morning Call, 101 N. 6th St., Allentown, PA 18101 or email packet to mike.miorelli@mcall.com. No phone inquiries please. The Morning Call, is a tronc Co. newspaper located one hour north of Philadelphia, one and a half hours west of New York City.

2. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Word on the street is they're closing all the factories down

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I heard they've taken all the coal from the ground.

4. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

Ahh, the town where the restlessness is handed down and graduations hang on the wall.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Not that I've been to a million places, but Allentown is one of the saddest cities I've visited.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I heard they never taught the kids what was real.

7. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Have I been misled, or is Allentown as a city on a little bit of a rebound?

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

It's actually on the rebound somewhat. It's easier to quote Billy Joel music. I went through there in 2004 and it actually wasn't too bad. And the Morning Call is a fairly decent paper.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think the Lehigh Valley is a fairly cool area. Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton all in a 10-mile span, there are plenty of things to do.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All that, and Lake Tahoe's only 15 minutes away.

11. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

Major selling point

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm only talkin' history here, but in the late '70s, early '80s, the Morning Call was the newspaper every journalism student wanted to get their hands on because of its modern design. I always had my one roommate bring back a week's worth when he'd go home for the weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted