1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun movie credits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, May 27, 2018.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Best Boy, Schmest Boy. I’m watching True Grit and Buster Coen is in the credits as “Mr. Damon’s Abs Double.”

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Airplane" listed Adolf Hitler as Worst Boy.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

A moose bit my sister

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Zucker Brothers always had gags hidden in their end credits. I think it was either The Naked Gun or Airplane that had a cookie recipe hidden in there. Another had instructions for what to do in case of tornado.

Deadpool and Deadpool 2 (especially the first one) were both funny with the gags in the opening credits.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Moose costumes...

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Green Acres got a little goofy with the opening credits. They would do weird stuff like have "Directed by Richard L. Bare" written on one of the chicken's eggs that Lisa picked up, the characters acted as if they saw those words.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Here is the clip from the first one.

Got this off IMDB.

"The opening credits are placeholders for what was in the script, since Director Tim Miller (who asked Blur Studio's Layout Supervisor Franck Balson to remove his quickly) and Ryan Reynolds were the only ones. "As written by Deadpool"; "Some douchebag's film, Starring God's perfect idiot (referring to Ryan. Accompanied by an Easter Egg of Ryan's People Magazine cover as Sexiest Man Alive.); "A hot chick"; "A British villain"; "The comic relief"; "A moody teen"; "A CGI character"; "A gratuitous cameo"; "Produced by asshats"; "Written by the real heroes here"; "Directed by an overpaid tool". There are Easter Eggs as well: The card in the wallet of Ryan in a green suit, a blurry Killebrew being on the phone, the thug with the lighter was originally a filmed joke in reference to Colin Farrell in Daredevil (2003), "Rob L." on the coffee cup is Rob Liefeld, the little sex key-chain, the Orange Number 5 card, and the Hello Kitty."

Also, there is a crawl of text at the beginning of the Deadpool 2 teaser than ran with Logan. I was looking for the text from Deadpool 2 (which I don't see online anywhere yet) and found this.

What Does The End Scroll Say On Deadpool's Logan Short?

The Deadpool 2 opening credits are mostly comments about the event right before they roll set against what looks and sounds like the beginning of a Bond movie.

Batman likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Here's a fun one from the TV ranks:

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That show was such genius.

10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Police squad intros were brilliant as well.

Batman likes this.
  11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

That "Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln" part gets me every time.

And I hadn't noticed before that "Special Guest Stars" Lorne Greene and William Conrad did identical death scenes.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Not true. Conrad did an extra half-roll and ended up face down rather than on his side.

Draft saved Draft deleted