1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I finished Barry and was impressed with it Episodes 7 & 8 (the last in the season) are strong. It might not be built for the long run, but I thought the season worked as a complete story.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I can't believe that "Rise" has apparently been cancelled after its debut season. After almost every episode, I thought, or said aloud, what a good show I thought it was. I can't believe I was the only one. I think I liked it even better than "This Is Us," the show for which it was an interim replacement.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I watched every episode. I think NBC whiffed on it trying to cram that much story into 10 episodes. Making Mazzu unlikeable (intentionally or not) was tough to recover from. He still came off as a selfish jerk in the last episode.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Have you seen How I Met Your Mother? I think that might be a trait of the actor in general... I found him to be the least enjoyable of the regulars of that cast, tied with Robin.

5. DanOregon

It was the way the character was written - a white guy with no previous interest in theater approaching the principal and getting the gig over someone who has been with the program for 10 years? Yeah - that was kinda hard to take.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  7. DanOregon

In addition to Law and Order - all the Law and Orders when you think of it - Warren Coolidge of The White Shadow also was a regular on St. Elsewhere.

And All of SportsCenter

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It’s not the type of show we usually discuss, but “The Middle” had an outstanding finale.

It wrapped up the series really well

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Wife and I caught up on this in the past week. I agree the finale was really good, but they really botched the Sue-Sean thing by letting it drag on for almost two seasons.

We shrugged when the payoff came, even though it was executed well.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Liked the "15 years later" part at the end, especially Axl dealing with three teen-aged Axls. Well done.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Alan Sepinwall to become TV critic at Rolling Stone. I really enjoy his work and podcasts, so hopefully he will continue to be prolific.

lcjjdnh likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Binged the last few episodes of "Lost in Space." Yeah, it's gonna morph into "monster of the week" like the original if it gets another season. But recasting Dr. Smith as female was a bold decision, because the inevitable catfight between Smith and Maureen is going to be epic!

Draft saved Draft deleted