1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chevy Volt a Failure - GM to Layoff 1,300

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 2, 2012.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Here’s a link to a Bloomberg story about that.
    Musk Filed for Pravda Business Months Before Scorning the Media

On a message board that aims to be for journalists, I think it’s important to say “so-and-so reoported” or something more specific than “people noticed.”

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, I wasn't regurgitating a Bloomberg (or anyone else's) story. The whole thing started with some guy tweeting about it in response to Musk that day. Here was the tweet. It's what put me (a bunch of independent sites linked to the tweet -- where I first picked it up) onto it:

I'd actually guess that Bloomberg first got it from there. ... and they didn't credit the guy.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    jlee likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I suspect Mr. Musk was waiting for exactly this (kind of) moment - cool car, no brakes - to suggest the press are the problem.

So we're all talking about his journalistic counterinsurgency instead of cool car, no brakes.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Thanks for doubling back there. I’m sure there were plenty of folks who found that before Bloomberg (not my employer nor my favorite news source btw). My point wasn’t about giving them credit. It was a request to avoid vague citations when possible. Very trustworthy people tell me the president is Kenyan, and the like.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Elon Musk - cool car, no brakes - dog whistles the usual suspects.

On the upside, he's getting terrific coverage on RT and in the Daily Stormer.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If you think the story I linked is "terrific coverage" of Musk . . . we just disagree on such things, I guess. Unless I misinterpreted your use of the word to mean "positively skewed" instead of "a lot of".

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If you Google 'elon musk media' right now, that RT story is boxed at the top of the page.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

USAA has the top 10 vehicles purchased by members of the armed forces. Top 3 are pick up trucks. Ford. Chevy. Dodge #6 is the Jeep Wrangler. The other 6 are Honda and Toyota cars and the Nissan Altima.

11. The Big Ragu

It might be time for him to go after the police. Can anyone check to see if he incorporated Fuzz Inc. last October?

Tesla in Autopilot mode crashes into parked Laguna Beach police cruiser

[​IMG]

12. The Big Ragu

Just heard a report that Consumer Report has reversed course and is now recommending the Tesla Model 3, based on the software update that Tesla pushed to fix the braking issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted