1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Nah, that's bullshit, and you know it is. Nobody in Washington, including Republicans, is obligated to line up behind this president. Everyone knows Trump is a clown show, and on top of that he's growing more unhinged week by week.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The enduring legacy of the Trump presidency will be the level to which Congress failed to provide its check on the unbalanced executive branch.

matt_garth, Slacker and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You know, I can understand this. When I was working at another paper, I asked another reporter what the attendance was for a high school football game. He gave me two estimates, and said he went with the higher number because that's what the publisher would want.

If the big boss says it, it's true.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We’re in agreement here. Maybe you misunderstood my “And they’re not.” I meant they’re not obligated in the least.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not if you know the big boss is gonna get caught out in a ridiculous lie. It's the subordinate's job to keep that from happening, and if he/she can't, to fucking quit. What Trump has really shown is how many of we Americans, a group so overly proud of our alleged rugged independence, are actually eager bootlickers.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know if Obama lied, or overrated his ability to persuade Congress to work together for the common good of the citizens who had no access to insurance, or he underestimated just how partisan things were in D.C. Congress used to be able to find a way to compromise. The other party was the Honorable Opposition, who you debated with, but in the end you tried to get out the best legislation possible. No longer. Now it's "Fuck those guys. We'll win, and if we can't we'll fuck things up so they can't get what they want" - and if the citizenry suffers, well... they should have voted more of us in.

And that's both parties. IMO, the R's moreso, but I freely admit bias.

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Party over the common good is poison to a democracy.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What goes around comes around. The Republicans started this trend (undeniable historical fact) so they can expect no mercy when the shoe's on the other foot.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ultimately, no one (voters, congress, law enforcement) will hold Trump accountable because politicians who served before him lied.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My biggest question is the levels at which Trump is blantantly lying versus completely delusional?

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

When I was younger I worked in a place or two, usually a warehouse, that had a sign that somebody thought was funny but it really wasn't that said "Rule No. 1: The boss is always right. Rule No. 2: If the boss is ever wrong, see Rule No. 1."

That, I suspect, has always been the culture in Trumps' businesses. You don't correct the boss. You don't contradict the boss. You don't call the boss a liar. You don't call the boss a racist and you certainly don't ridicule the boss. He think's he's boss of the country and those rules apply to all of us.

The people who elected him wanted a businessman in charge and this is a part of it, I guess.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.