1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good and bad baseball unis

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Oct 23, 2017.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

As a White Sox fan, I hated the Cubs growing up. But man, what I wouldn't give to tune into WGN one more time and see them wearing the powder blue with the pinstripes and "Chicago" across the chest. Preferably with Rick Reuschel and Dave Kingman in the lineup.

Butt-ass ugly, but still ...

Bronco77 likes this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Loved the simplicity.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That royals uni is so sweet. My first little league team was called the royals. Our unis were fucking purple

Vombatus likes this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This was stylin'.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A few more I dig.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Todd-Radom-Winning-Ugly.jpg

For those of you who read and contributed to this thread, this is a book I got a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed

It's written by Todd Radom, a logo designer well known to those who frequent Lukas' and Creamer's uni-centric websites. He highlights the most awful/awesome (depending on your point of view) baseball uniforms of the past, split into nine chapters (like nine innings, get it?), focusing on a specific era or uniform trend.

It's pretty light reading (more like a small coffee-table book), but he has a lot of good stories about how some of the uniforms came about and how baseball unis evolved over the years, and a lot of great pictures and illustrations also. If you're into uniforms/logos like I am, I definitely recommend it.

EDIT: Amazon link didn't work for some reason, so I substituted a photo.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    John B. Foster likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's been mentioned that the rise in color TVs and blue roadies kind of overlapped, yes?

Draft saved Draft deleted