1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DMNHL, May 22, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah. You are doing just great as a full bird colonel on the front lines of the war. Two years in, and you just can't understand why Kaep or Reid kneeled.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You say that as if you understand my position, which you clearly do not.

My point was simply what I stated, that applying the same set of rules to both is laughable and it is. I commented on one part that interested me, that an entertainment business and entities that provide educational services need different sets of rules.

You're assuming I'm supporting the players' right to protest while they are working. (They are a private business which can impose rules on its employees.)

You're also assuming I agree with restrictions on free speech on college campuses. (I think they need a balance of allowing free speech, but still allowing the classroom to function.)

I see a lot of assuming, but not much understanding.

3. outofplace

I never said that. You made false assumptions just like Stoney did.

In your case, it's that problem of yours that I've mentioned before. You like to lump everybody who disagrees with you politically into one group and slap one set if ideas on all of them. You are wrong about that and that is part of why you are wrong about so many other things.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Eh, I just think it's funny that you lament a culture war you volunteered to serve in.

I can objectively discuss it, and see it for what it is.

You get upset that it exists.

It does exist. If you want to end it, you need to either win it, lose it, or find common ground with the other side to negotiate a peace.

In this battle, you're losing.

5. YankeeFan

I apologize for not realizing that your poorly worded post was actually meant to help make my point.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There are about 100 things wrong in this post. Don't analyze me, you weirdo. Just keep spouting your idiotic right wing talking points. Keep wedging them into every frigging thread you can. Always great reading.

7. outofplace

The only problem with my post was those false assumptions of yours clouding your mind.

Also, which point are you talking about? Are you saying the NFL should be able to impose rules on its players? Then yes, that supports your point.

Regarding your attempt to connect this issue to free speech on college campuses, not so much. The idea that you failed to grasp the first time aroun is that the situations are so different that they require completely different sets of rules.

It's funny how you keep trying to place the blame for your own failures in comprehension on the messages of others. Perhaps you should reconsider your own thought process. I know that's unlikely given who you are, but I'm feeling optimistic today.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, of course it is, but for reasons that squarely support YF's position.

I must say, for someone who's made it his daily mission to fight with YF at every turn, it struck me as odd to see you pointing out a distinction that makes his case for him. I presume he appreciates your conciliatory gesture.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  9. YankeeFan

How did I "analyze" you?

You said you don't give a shit about college speech issues, but you apparently do care very much about the NFL protests, and clearly get worked up if anyone disagrees with you about them.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Is it?

11. outofplace

Which position are you talking about? His position that the NFL has a right to impose rules on its employees? Please see my response to that idea above.

Thank you for providing support for a claim I've been making for a long time. I'm not out to fight YF at every turn. I call bullshit when I see it. When he takes a position with which I agree, I can say as much. Given that you often seem determined to attack whatever I post, I absolutely appreciate your conciliatory gesture.

Then there is his political position, which is that the issue of protests at NFL games and free speech on college campuses must be linked. On that, my post doesn't support him at all.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah? What would winning said war look like?

Draft saved Draft deleted