1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Seeing Draymond screw up late does my heart good.

poindexter likes this.
  2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Credit for that may go to Daryl Morey, for bringing in quite a few players (Paul, Ariza, Tucker, Gordon) known as outstanding defenders. Even with a coach known for an all-O mindset you'll still play pretty good D if you're putting damn good defensive players on the floor.

But it has been enlightening seeing even Harden making some big defensive plays in this series. That's a new thing.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Nine years later, still wish Lakers had kept Ariza.

If Warriors do lose series and repeat history, who do they get from a team they eliminated earlier? Anthony Davis or Kawhi?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don’t want to credit Daryl Morey. He’s an asshole.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

These playoffs have been like a spinning wheel to figure out the "narrative of the day." Overrated, underrated, all-time choke, greatest coach ever, etc. etc. Wasn't it just last week that the Rockets were supposed to be planning a fire sale?

Hermes likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If the Rockets win this series, the fourth quarter of Game 4 will haunt the Warriors all summer.

qtlaw and TigerVols like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We just might get a whole new slate of Chris Paul insurance commercials.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This is a year I’d actually like a third-place series. LeBron vs. the Warriors.

Because there’s no stakes Draymond in full karate mode, LeBron one foot out the door throwing bullet passes at Rodney Hood’s and JR Smith’s head when they’re not looking, Steph Curry wearing a papier mache cast and Fisher-Price doctor kit bandages onto the floor and a special guest appearance from a feral, unwashed Dellevadova, who swings in from the rafters to tackle KD at mid-court at a crucial juncture.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Bingo.

Before last night, a friend was like, “when the Warriors lose, what does it mean?” And all I could think was, let’s let life play out.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Chris Paul out for Game 6.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Houston's best strategy now might be just to rest everybody so they're better prepared to go balls out in Game 7. Because they ain't winning in Oracle without Paul.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think they can win Game 7 without him either.

Of course, I've been dead-on all series long beginning with the Warriors in 5 prediction.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted