1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DFM bloodletting continues

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FileNotFound, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Well, we'll have the same amount of people covering the beat.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

5. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

That is a phenomenal quote.

@Matt Stephens I appreciate your openness and candidness about things and how you go about trying to make the best of things. For your prep features, I think should focus more on kids than the sports on the links that you provide. Kudos to your efforts in a tough situation!

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

LOL. That. is awesome.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

For fuck's sake, "as if we have not been through enough"

10. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Why does it matter that the Post is the Rockies’ local paper?

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It doesn't. Especially when that local paper put a photo of Philadelphia's stadium with a Coors Field feature. They deserve all they get, staffing and ownership issues or not. And it was funny. Take a breath and laugh too, especially two months later.

I showed her response to my wife and she thought the editor was joking. I don't. I think she's the same one who freaked out on Twitter on everyone about the Post's "situation" instead of talking accountability and taking responsibility when it happened. She needs a thicker skin, to say the least. Maybe it's why she's the entertainment editor (and I'm surprised they still even have one of those). Of course the original story ran in the lifestyle section, didn't it? Still, she needs to move on.

Vombatus, studthug12 and MileHigh like this.
  12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

+1. Roscablo.

She's getting pummeled on Twitter for her response, and deservedly so.

I have sympathy for the Post and what those people are going through. But it was 100 percent horse-fucking-shit for them to point to the layoffs as an excuse for the Coors Field screwup. That was a mistake that you wouldn't expect a high school paper to make, then to say "maybe if you hadn't laid all those people off, it would have been caught" is a laughable way to rationalize it. And I'm sorry, but let's not pretend that they are the first paper/chain to go through massive layoffs. It's been happening everywhere for years, but the way they are behaving, it's the first they've heard of such things.

She could have responded in a funny way to the Rockies tweet and come off as a good sport about the entire episode. Instead, she shows she's not mature enough for a big-boy job and needs to grow up.

I wonder how "appalled" the Rockies were when the Post screwed up the Coors Field package?

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted