1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks like a really interesting case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 23, 2018.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seems like a no-brainer that, if it gets that far, they can't charge more for less. But who the hell knows?

Don't eat much fast food, but I popped into a Wendy's a couple of months ago. Order a burger and fries. Asked for BBQ sauce, because I prefer it on fries over ketchup (honey mustard, too).

They told me that condiments were an extra charge and I'd have to get back in line. I declined. That seems like some nickel and dime BS.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Worst movie ever. That might be the scene that made me give up.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I was on a newspaper road trip in college and my editor ordered a burger without onions with onion rings. (At BK, if memory serves.) I needled him for it and he said he always ordered fast-food burgers with a change to make sure they made it fresh.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Charge them more if they don't want cheese. Costco charged more for unsalted mixed nuts.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Egg white omelets cost more!

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Burger King:
    When White Castle is just too upscale.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Really? I was 19 or 20 when it came out and have a much different worldview now, but I liked it.

I realize it’s a movie that wouldn’t get made today, however.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

...... but, but, but -- Dedee Pfeiffer = 6

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Have it your way.
    I may never get that out of my head.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What I don't get is when he pulls out his gun it's no later than 11:35, five minutes past the breakfast cutoff. The restaurant is full of people eating. None of them have been served since he got there, at least not that we see. He pulls out the gun and yells at everyone to calm down, just sit there and enjoy their lunch. One guy is halfway through his burger. How did they all get those lunches when it is only five minutes after the time lunch is served? He should have made a big deal about them all having their breakfast sandwiches that he can't have.

Songbird likes this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Haven't been into a McDonalds in a darned long time but went last week while the kid was at piano lessons. Instead of taking your order at the counter, this one had giant touchscreens where you built your order. I'm no luddite but it was so confusing that I just walked out. The lady next to me was screaming "I JUST WANT A LARGE DIET COKE!"

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The McDonald's in the next town over from me closed for a few months for renovations. When they held their "Grand Reopening", they had those touchscreens there and it was a giant mess.

They had shrunk the amount of space near the registers and there was no room to move, even though there were only 6 or 7 people on line. The damn touchscreen kiosks took up too much space.

Draft saved Draft deleted