1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a terrible confession to make

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Jan 11, 2018.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Lack of self-control aside, it’s fairly well known at this point that the sugar industry has long been nefarious in its attempts to mislead the public. It has been astoundingly effective until recently when many health professionals have started to discover that the accepted wisdom regarding what is healthy is manufactured PR nonsense.

How the Sugar Industry Shifted Blame to Fat

Plenty of links regarding this can be found.

Can someone pass this along? I wouldn’t want type to go through life not understanding something important.

Slacker likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Sugar bad. Fat good! I like the Keto idea so far, though I'm not in it all the way.

Pro tip: Pork rinds are a good substitute for chips, crackers, etc. Protein and fat, no carbs. Moderation rules apply.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Where have you been?

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I worked from home for a year and a half and will never, ever do it again for any extended period of time. Some people love it, but I need the noise of the workplace, phones, people yapping whatever. I found myself going stir crazy over the silence, and that's while working with stuff like Motorhead's No Sleep 'til Hammersmith cranked to 11.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Apparently @Huggy and I are the same person. I'm sorry, buddy.

Huggy likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How long have you been in ketosis?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm not in ketosis but would say I'm 90-95% carb-free. I got serious about slashing carbs 10 months ago.

Tonight's dinner. Chicken, broccoli, salad. Boring as fuck but you get used to it.

20180523_161740.jpg

Vombatus likes this.
  8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

What's the recipe for the chicken?

9. typefitter

Guess he didn't want to share.

45,313 as of today. Over the hill. More than halfway. Now I just have to do everything I've just done again. OH FUCK ME.

HC likes this.
  10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Just imagine how good it’ll feel when you’re at the quarter pole.

typefitter and YankeeFan like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I forgot about seeing this.

Lemon, butter, few other things from the fridge.

Chicken was super juicy.

12. typefitter

Just passed 50,000 words: 50,139. Just me and one of the other resident writers in the coffee shop. You may leave your tributes outside my door. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted