1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Potential NHL Seattle GM's

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DMNHL, May 22, 2018.

1. DMNHL

DMNHL New Member

I'm sure there is a connection there with Tod Leiweke who also worked in the Canucks f/o. I believe they also worked together in Minnesota.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I don't want to be a GM, especially in a place with 2 weeks of sunshine a year. I want to be in charge of the refs. I'll whip them bastards into shape. JC can be the GM. It takes someone who thinks he knows it all for that job.

3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Paul Fenton would have been a top candidate, but he just left Nashville for the Wild.

Bill Guerin from the Pens will likely be a GM soon, but I don't know if an expansion team is a good fit. Same with Julian Brisebois in Tampa and Craig Heisinger in Winnipeg.

Dean Lombardi, the architect of two Cups with the Kings, is available. Ron Francis just got canned by Carolina, but he was working with one hand tied behind his back there.

4. DMNHL

DMNHL New Member

I wonder how the relationship ended between Tim Leiweke and Dean in LA.

5. DMNHL

DMNHL New Member

That is one I haven't seen mentioned yet.. which is shocking due to Tod's history in Tampa. Sticking with the Lightning... I wonder if Al Murray would ever be in discussion.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted