1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think Reggie thinks he invented the 2 for 1.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Still not sure where those .5 seconds came from.

3. poindexter

Fun game!

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alright, six games instead of five I guess.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Warriors 4-of-18 field in the fourth quarter. That and we're seeing a D'Antoni team play some defense.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Awful execution by Ws on O in the 4th, well really whole game except for opening 12-0 run and then when Cury went off. I give the Rockets tremendous credit for fighting back early and then playing aggressive D, taking away easy passes.

The Ws have to meet the Rockets aggression by cutting backdoor and using their aggression against them. Instead, the Ws played right into the Rockets' hands with slopping, loopy passes. Losing Igoudala really hurt. Even so, with 4 All-Stars, they should have won. That 2nd to last possession, with Klay's prayer, was the night in a nutshell, no real plan or execution, guys picking up dribbles, then desperation heave. Oh well, there was 2015 and 2017. Okay, its not over, I watched the Bulls show their greatness in winning games on the road when it mattered most. The Heat did it as well. Here's the Ws chance to show their greatness; it won't be an easy path in 2018.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So the evidence is pretty clear that when LeBron is not the best player in NBA history by a factor of six, the Cavaliers aren't much better than the Kings, and that if he just turns in an MVP performance, they aren't even at even money in a playoff game.

8. LongTimeListener

I gotta hand it to D’Antoni, however this game turns out, I never thought I’d see a team of his play this kind of D.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The lesson from this series: Andre Iguodala is really important to the Warriors.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  10. LongTimeListener

Alright, now I’m willing to believe the regular season means something.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I’m developing a newfound respect for Chris Paul during this series. It feels weird.

12. poindexter

Never thought this would happen after game 1.

Draft saved Draft deleted