1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is pretty dumb:

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

But he knows a shit ton of pot strains and I don't know one.

Stoney and YankeeFan like this.
  3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It’s not even debatable that MS-13 wasn’t a part of the national conversation in a big way until someone needed a boogeyman to help rile up voters/supporters.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This echoes my experience. I've been periodically seeing stories about MS-13 for literally decades, and always in that context--scary warnings about how they're the most viciously violent sadistic gang yet--not the biggest, but the last you'd ever want to be caught on the wrong side of.

I'm surprised some say they'd never heard of them. But not shocked, they'd always been a collateral side story, never a front page one, until Trump put em there.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    franticscribe likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As to previous exposure to MS-13, I suspect a lot of that has to do with your proximity to areas where they are active. People in L.A. knew, sure. People in Iowa, at least those who are not news junkies, were far less likely to have heard of them, at least until relatively recently.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I suspect that the reality is that it was a smart political play by Mueller. If his people serve a warrant on the President's private attorney, all hell breaks loose. Instead he gives enough probable cause to New York that a federal district court judge was willing to break not only attorney-client privilege, but *the President's* privilege. I maintain that it had to be rock solid and a major offense for that to have happened. Mueller knew that he would be able to get access to the evidence taken from Cohen.

So as to Trump not needing to worry about Cohen, first, his inner circle seems to disagree. Second, deals that Cohen made that point back to Trump at least indirectly keep coming out. I'd be surprised if there are not much more overt dirty deals yet to be made public.

Then there's this article. If this is true, and Broidy took the fall for a Playmate's payoff after an abortion and it was actually Trump who got her pregnant, then documents from Cohen has already spilled plenty with more to come.

Give it time, we'll see.

Here’s More Evidence Broidy May Have Been Covering for Trump in Playmate Affair

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I always get my MI5s and MI6s and MS-13s mixed up. That's why I never know who's the bad guys and who's the really bad guys.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

YOU DIDN'T DO THE FUCKING GRAPH STARTING IN 2004, DID YOU????????

Ya phossy jawed fluffypuff.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All this talk of GRAPH!!!11!11

Steffi had the best legs in tennis.

7fcab4a30c640d837abc648512c13d8a.jpg

I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd agree. If you didn't know about MS-13 before Trump then you weren't paying attention. They've been as relevant as bloods and crips were in the '80s.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As much as I hate to defend YankeeFan, because he really doesn't deserve it, I don't think there is any doubt his bit about "blasting bear cubs" was an intentional joke.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'be lost track on this discussion.

Something about Trump using unsecured phones to order MS-13 gang members to shoot Alaskan bear cubs while listening to Eric's Trip.

Is that about right?

HanSenSE and cyclingwriter2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.