1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

typefitter likes this.
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Keep calling them a problem and you'll drive people to join them. Isn't that how it works? Or is that just for the alt-right?

HanSenSE and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Make America Gringo Again

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trial exposes connections between cybercriminals and Russian government

From the WaPo:

"In 2013, Jurijs Martisevs says, he was contacted by Russian law enforcement.

The agents from the Federal Security Service, or FSB, told him the U.S. government was seeking information on him, Martisevs testified in court last week. But he said the Russians did not want to hand him over — they wanted his help.

At the time, Martisevs was helping run a service based overseas that helped hackers get past anti-virus programs. His testimony in a U.S. court in Virginia helped lead to the conviction of his partner in that business, but it also shed light on the symbiotic relationship between Russian intelligence and the criminal underworld.

The partner, Ruslan Bondars, 37, was found guilty Wednesday of several hacking-related crimes; Martisevs pleaded guilty earlier this year. Martisevs is set to be sentenced in July, Bondars in September.

“Everyone cooperates — especially with the FSB,” Martisevs said over a chat app to Bondars translated from Russian and read in court. “They may even bring more clients to us,” he added, punctuating the remark with a smiley face."

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But I do feel a bit for people who received a Master of Science degree in 2013. Alumni Notes: "Lou Reed (MS '13) has been hired by ......"

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Gee, what a remarkable coincidence.

7. typefitter

For a while there, I was on track for a Masters of Urban Design. That would be a MUD.

8. typefitter

You are Trump's dream mark. It's actually kind of amazing to watch. So rare to capture one alive.

Slacker and BadgerBeer like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing that people who follow the news have never heard of them.

Of course that's what he's doing, your original post made them sound almost made up or some small town gang.

12. typefitter

I didn't say they were made up. But @DanielSimpsonDay, above, has helpfully provided a chart that proves exactly what I was saying: Nobody talked about them, at least not very much, until very recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.