1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a terrible confession to make

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Images AND text? The mind boggles.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

And the Twitters!

I just passed 40,000 words—40,234 to be exact—without killing any of these dumb motherfuckers. I'm not sure which is the greater accomplishment.

3. typefitter

There is a man in the coffee shop today with an actual desktop computer on his table.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I don't know how you do it, brother. I cannot work in public.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Walk by and "trip" over his power cord, yanking it out of the socket.

6. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Follow him home. I'd like to know more about how he lives.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Tell @SpeedTchr we said hello.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Apparently, community workspaces are a thing now? I was talking to a former SI colleague who joined The Athletic at the same time I did. Working remotely all the time is an adjustment if you've never done it before (I did at FanHouse) and she said another former SI colleague goes to this community workspace twice a week. Pays like $200 a month but there are drinks and snacks and other people. I might do it if the company paid but I also wouldn't ask the company to pay. Besides, I kind of like working remotely. Hell, if my daughter hadn't gotten married I can't swear I would have taken a shower since I started the new gig!

The former came home one day when I was with FanHouse and saw me pecking away at a story while in my sweats. "Jesus, do you even own pants that snap anymore?"

Vombatus likes this.
  9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Pics or GTFO

SnarkShark likes this.
  10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

11. typefitter

My beard has reached the point where someone said to me the other day that it's like I'm wearing track pants on my face.

12. typefitter

He's gone now, but I swear: desktop, stack of books, pad of paper and pens, and a single cup of coffee.

HC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted