1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 19, 2018.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Superior arm strength, durability, personality and mobility maybe? Not another SoCal pretty boy like Rob Johnson? Time will tell.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Smith seems like the safest bet in this draft.

QYFW likes this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Notice that "ability to throw a football" didn't make your list.

Rosen's concussion history would bother me. Beyond that he's much, much better.

4. PCLoadLetter

Ooooh, I think the Cardinals are trading up for Rosen.

5. micropolitan guy

Some might see "arm strength" as having something to do with "ability to throw the football." Others, obviously, may not. Rosen seems to have a lot of Jay Cutler in him, and that's not a good thing.

As a Bills fan, I'm very pleased. A family friend has a son who plays with him at Wyo, says he's the greatest teammate in the world. Not something heard very often about Rosen.

Again, we shall see.

Tweener likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't like the Mayfield pick. For one - I don't see him waiting patiently for his first start. Two, I don't know if he was even projected as a first rounder when he played his last game.

7. PCLoadLetter

For clarity's sake I will amend it to "ability to throw the football within five yards of a teammate."

I'm sure he's a lovely young man, racist and homophobic twitter posts notwithstanding. He's not a first round quarterback. If I was a GM he wouldn't be on my board.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling the Buccaneers just drafted a guy who is going to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship in 2025?

QYFW likes this.
  9. PCLoadLetter

I'm not wild about the pick either, but I'm not sure waiting to start is an issue. It's the Browns.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So....Saints.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. micropolitan guy

Well, apparently he is a first-round QB. At least that's what QBs who are drafted in the first round are generally called.

Again, time will tell.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Have an opinion, don't pretend you have studied them and have a damn clue.

Draft saved Draft deleted