1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He does that here and there and they're usually so good I can't believe it is a plant.

Four Foo shows on my summer calendar. I don't think I'll get called up to the stage

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Green Day always does that schtick, too.

3. Dick Whitman

Jack White was great. Really varied the setlist from the rest of the tour to this point. Opened with the instrumental "Battle Cry" from last year, then launched into "Dead Leaves in the Dirty Ground." Played "Icky Thump" and "Steady as She Goes" to begin the encore. The place was packed and absolutely fired up for the show. Tipsy Mrs. Whitman, God love her, was cornering every Tom, Dick, and Harry outside the show to commiserate about him not playing "Ball and Biscuit," though.

Grand Rapids is awesome. We ate at B.O.B. Brewery, which connects to the venue, and then went to Founders the next afternoon, where the KBS four-packs were flowing like water. I am a God among my buddies right now for picking them up each up some. Stopped at Saugatuck Brewery on the drive home.

Next up: Ryan Adams.

Fly likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

TTB at Sweetwater 420 Fest in Atlanta on 4-21-2018 (with Brandon ‘Taz’ Niederauer).

franticscribe and Huggy like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know this guy is his own thing and very popular, but every time I see his name I think it's a Bryan Adams tribute act.

6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

He hates that.

Ryan Adams Not Amused by Name Game

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mammoth TTB fan, they haven't played in Toronto since 2013 but they are here in September as part of Willie Nelson's Outlaw Fest. Not big on the festival thing, but Big fan of Willie, never seen him, and I wouldn't mind checking out Sturgill Simpson.

Not too familiar weith Brandon ‘Taz’ Niederauer but shit, man, that was some nice playing there....14 years old????

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

John B. Foster likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Are they, like, twin brothers or something?

10. Dick Whitman

He's explained this.

He didn't kick the guy out for yelling, "Summer of '69!"

He kicked the guy out for repeatedly acting like an obnoxious drunk idiot during an acoustic segment of the show.

That he shouted "Summer of '69!" was incidental.

The two Adamses have joined each other on stage at times, and Bryan Adams plays two nights before Ryan Adams at Red Rocks this summer.

11. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Ryan Adams discusses his Summer of '69 humiliation: 'I was so angry'

This is a good article about it all.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

My wife loves Ryan Adams. Everytime she mentions him, I start singing Bryan Adams songs.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted