1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere that they've delayed the release of the Avengers 4 title because it would be a giveaway of the Infinity War ending.

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Proposed title:

Avengers 4: Seriously, Cap is Dead

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure that is part of it, but I also think the move away from calling the movies Infinity War Part I and Part II was a deception and it really is still a two-part story.

4. outofplace

The reviews are already showing up online. Most of what I've read so far is positive. I'm really going to have to stop reading this thread and most of the internet until I see it this weekend.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don’t want spoilers about who lives or dies. You have to assume that since AntMan and Wasp have an upcoming movie and Spider-Man has an upcoming movie and Captain Marvel has an upcoming movie that Thanos doesn’t destroy Earth.

But I would like to know if Infinity War has a resolution or is it part 1?

6. outofplace

The answer to that question is already out there in reviews. I'm not going to spoil it here, but search and you will find it easily.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

Don't look at the spoiler thread...don't look at the spoiler thread...I'm so tempted, but I won't look at the spoiler thread...

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Without spoiling anything, I'll say both -- especially if you take a certain point of view.
    Also, there is one end credits scene in case anyone was wondering. It's worth staying for, although it's not crucial to the plot. It does more to set up another movie than put a bow on this one.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Seriously, don't. Friends have been asking me how it was and I've only been telling them "I can say nothing until you've seen it."

11. outofplace

Thank you. That's the one thing I've wanted to know, but it was tough to find out while avoiding spoilers. It is always important to know going in how many of those end credits scenes they included. I really wish they would stop that crap.

I believe Ant Man & Wasp and Captain Marvel are the only two MCU movies between Infinity War and Avengers 4. If I remember correctly, the Spider-Man sequel is scheduled for after Avengers 4. I just wonder how that fits in the continuity. I know Captain Marvel is set in the past, but I wonder how they will handle it in Ant-Man & Wasp.

12. outofplace

I won't. I wish I hadn't heard what little I already know. I appreciate the spoiler thread, which will hopefully keep them off this one for a while.

John B. Foster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted