1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist "prom-posal"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 24, 2018.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I like that one. I still say retarded in my own house. I don't use them in public because they are unacceptable. But in my own house when i say them I NEVER ONCE MEAN TO SAY A GAY PERSON OR A MENTALLY CHALLENGED PERSON. The words literally mean what I want them to mean. In public it is a different story.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

*Record scratch*

I don’t think this is what any of us are talking about. This is akin to arguing you can use the n-word in the privacy of your own home, damn it!

JC likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Agree. It should read "If I were black."

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So why say them at all? You dropping N bombs around your house as well?

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

It's also a dangerous game to play. That kind of "home" language can easily sneak into public language if one has been, oh I don't know, drinking all day and cracking jokes with mixed company.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the France state dinnerposals that will be popping up on Reddit and Breitbart soon.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Although I am not personally offended by the joke in the intro, Pierce's analysis of it is nonsensical.
    Not one of his better pieces.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"What I can't figure out," Tiger Woods asks Vincent, the limo driver, "is why so many good-looking women hang around baseball and basketball. Is it because, you know, people always say that, like, black guys have big dicks?"

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And all three trends are driven by social media.

It's The Truman Show for everyone nowadays. Gotta perform for that audience.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There is no longer an accounting for context or intent.
    Although in this case it is a long stretch to consider that there is an appropriate context or intent for this 'joke.'

If the joker believes that the humor lies in the joke's 'outrageousness' the joker inherently understands that there will be 'outrage.'

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

BLASPHEMER!

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sister Jean agrees! Oh wait, not the same Sister Jean.

Draft saved Draft deleted