1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer editorial interns at BetChicago

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Marcus A. DiNitto, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Marcus A. DiNitto

Marcus A. DiNitto New Member

BetChicago is looking for summer and fall editorial interns for our soon-to-be-launched website (June 1 target launch).

Who we are. Illinois Sports Gaming LLC is a Chicago-based startup anticipating the legalization of sports betting. The site, branded BetChicago, will be rich in sports news and analysis (with a focus on Chicago and Illinois), as well as betting and fantasy content.

Who you are. Smart, engaged and hard-working. Positive attitude (you work well in a team environment, are coachable and usually have a smile on your face). Excellent writing skills with the knack and confidence to edit your co-workers’ copy. Knowledge and passion for Chicago and national sports. Knowledge and passion for fantasy and sports betting strongly preferred (you know what a money-line and futures odds are). Solid social media footprint and keen marketing sense also preferred. Comfortable producing and posting stories on digital platforms (you know your way around Word Press or a CMS, you know how to embed a video or a tweet, you know how to crop a photo). Comfortable and productive while working remotely. Weekend and night work required.

Interested in learning more? Email your resume and writing samples to Marcus DiNitto, managing editor, at marcusdinitto71@gmail.com with subject line ‘Bet Chicago applicant’).

These internships are unpaid.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Hello Marcus, I applied for this job. Any update?

3. Marcus A. DiNitto

Please follow up with an email.

4. BillFromMaryland

BillFromMaryland New Member

Interns for a make-believe company? It’s just like Kramerica Industries.

5. Marcus A. DiNitto

Not at all, Bill. The company is real. If you're not interested, move along.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I thought unpaid internships were a thing of the past. And for good reasons.

7. avtkrmn

avtkrmn Member

if these are UNPAID, why are they in the PAYING JOB section? dont those normally get moved out of this section?

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Maybe you get to place a free 20x parlay each week.

9. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

Or Vandelay Industries

10. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Guys I talked with Marcus tonight. Let me tell you this is LEGIT and I honestly think it will rival The Athletic in a few years. He’s offering equity, full health insurance, and stock options. He just can’t pay is all. Really love the energy of this company. I applied and I think I’m gonna apply again just because I feel amazing after listening to Marcus

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hey, sounds great. Food and housing are overrated anyway. ... Where do I sign?

12. avtkrmn

avtkrmn Member

so, does applying for the same job twice mean you are competing against yourself in terms of trying to get the chance to work for free?

BillFromMaryland and cjericho like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted