1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nope. Pro-choice. Parents should have the right to decide what treatment their child gets, without government interference.

Your side is the one who is flip-flopping on government interference, not me.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Q just posted the tweet. He did not try to spin it into a way to win points for his side in this thread's recurring abortion debate.

That's what struck me as particularly distasteful, and you're the only one here I saw blatantly using the story that way.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, he posted an opinion tweet, not from a journalistic source, and we already know his opinion on the abortion issue, so how else could that tweet have been interpreted?

And what I bring up is a legitimate point to make. The anti-abortion side has picked this sad story up as their latest cause celebre, plus you have the conservatives who are using this as their latest gripe about socialized medicine. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

lakefront likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, Baron isn't the one who brought this into a political discussion and he wasn't the first one to try to use it to score political points. (Unfortunately, I don't have time to dig up the post at the moment.) It is incredibly naive, at best, to argue that the discussion of this poor child's situation wasn't political the moment it was dragged onto this thread.

Put it in context. QY is the guy who constantly rants about abortion even though e doesn't really believe it is murder. This is the guy who consistently attempts to demonize the posters on the opposite side from him in every debate.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You don’t really believe that.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Q is the poster that brought this story to the politics board. You and I both know why he did so. And Q is at least equally guilty of attempting to score cheap points in his abortion pissing match. How about telling both to STFU?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There is no court-ordered death in that case. There is only a natural death caused by incurable illness. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Doc on the rocks? Ain't no big surprise.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They've put the brakes on the confirmation train pending further inquiry. Sure, everyone gets scrutinized. But they are going to look at leads suggesting prior misconduct.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So you're best guess is that none of Harry Truman's nominees were scrutinized over allegations of drinking on the job and improperly dispensing meds, eh?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There is a court ordering the halting of treatment against the wishes of the parents, who can afford the treatment and all related costs.

Stoney likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's my guess. I'm suspicious about the medical credentials of someone who says Trump could love to be 200 if he changed his diet. Supposed to be a professional dealing in fact, not a pundit in hyperbole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.