1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NFL off-season thread: Mr. Alex Smith goes to Washington

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 30, 2018.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Consider me James Comey.

Bears on MNF in Week 2 vs. Seahawks. Nagy is getting thrown right into the fire.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm also hearing there will be a Niners-Raiders game in prime time. In Oakland or Santa Clara, it will take until Christmas to unsnarl the traffic. And I believe security will be allowed to use the 10-point must system on all fights in the stands.]

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Pats come to Pittsburgh Dec. 16.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Heard it's a 4:25 game.
    Surprised the Pats have PT games with the Colts and Bills confirmed. Vikings in week 11 has to fill their max five, since Steelers and Jags are 4:25ers.

6. albert777

albert777 Active Member

There will be some football fans in Mississippi who will have a tough choice to make on Thanksgiving night: Falcons-Saints at the Superdome or the Egg Bowl. Seeing as how Ole Miss is probably going to suck balls this year, that's not really a tough decision for me. But others may disagree.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

49ers John Lynch updates Reuben Foster's status

Lynch: "If Reuben hit this young lady, he won't be part of our organization."

I don't know if they're going to get into some legal parsing of the word "hit" down the road, but it sounds like he's not coming back.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That will be unfortunate for Kaepernick Twitter.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There’ll be play-by-play analysis here on an almost real-time basis ... count on it.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does the NFL go out of its way to give ESPN crummy games? Even if you figure they allow Fox and CBS to protect one Sunday game and give the next two to NBC and Fox, ESPN should at least have the fifth best game of the week - and they typically don't.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know how you "fix" kickoffs without ruining potential on-side kicks. Make the kicking team stay still until the ball is kicked? Making it like a punt following a safety? Do the new college rule allowing fair catches and the ball at the 25?

Draft saved Draft deleted