1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Helen Thomas was an anti-Semite.

I remember every obituary written mentioning this.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The only flaw in your argument is he's firmly established as the president who cried "wolf." He could say the sun rises in the east and no one would believe him at this point.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I am arguing that Bill Clinton would not have said something that openly racist to Ted Kennedy, and that we are missing context.

@YankeeFan is arguing back that there are liberals who are racist, either openly or casually. It is not responsive to my argument. It's a rhetorical distraction, and I'm not falling for it.

He's good.

But I'm better.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

To which position in government was she elected again?

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Your pretty close to a fair arbiter. That’s why it’s interesting to ask you, and why I’m so surprised by your replies regarding Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The "baseline" for being "openly racist" was Bill Clinton purportedly stating to Ted Kennedy that a few years ago, Obama would have been "carrying our bags," because he is black, as a means to get Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton instead of Obama.

Biden saying that Obama was "the first . . . clean, articulate" African-American to run for President isn't "openly racist" in that way. It is casually racist.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Then I’m bowing out before you two make me cross-eyed.

YankeeFan, Stoney and Slacker like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

FTFYF ...

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There's a joke about Siamese...uh, I mean conjoined... twins there somewhere.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Soooooo.... my cousin owns a conjoined cat. Super.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So, we are sitting at two. Kid Rock, and Roseann. Why wouldn't more well-known people support the sitting president of the United States? Half have to be Republican. Everybody has a (twitter) voice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.