1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Research, including my own fucking story, indicates you are correct.

Big Circus and PCLoadLetter like this.
  2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I hope Marv and Webber just wanted to ignore the stupidity of Stephenson making a game-changing play and subsequently fucking himself and his team out of said play because it's more important for him to be a character.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

It was odd because it was pretty clear Stephenson got the jump ball call then grabbed and pulled Green to the floor. It wasn't like watching a replay a few times
    to see who last touched a ball before it went out of bounds. But for whatever reason they watched it two or three times and then finally saw or realized Stephenson
    pulled Green to the floor after the jump ball already was called.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Stoney likes this.
  5. cjericho

6. HappyCurmudgeon

I guess they had already called the foul after the jump ball (which I believe overrides the jump ball) and were looking for "hostile acts" that would have warranted a technical. Not sure about any of that though.

I love the narrative today about if Stephenson "has gotten into the Cavs' head", which clearly he hasn't since they can bank on him doing something incredibly stupid at the worst possible time. My question is if Nate McMillan will even play the doofus in late-game situations any more. He made a timely, clutch defensive play but decided at that second it was most important to "send a message" than try to win a game and possibly get a commanding lead in a series against a guy that's been to seven NBA finals in a row.

Some guys will toil in the league because they can play a little but at the end of the day you know you can't win anything significant with them because they don't care. The fact that Golden State won a title with Matt Barnes on their bench goes against this theory but I'm reminded that he played about eight total minutes in the Finals.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. HappyCurmudgeon

I was just about to post this. What a weird story. Shumann really thought it was cool to steal a jacket from someone that works for the team and the players wouldn't give a shit?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

First Art Spander, now Shu. What is is with the Bay area media?

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The explanation I saw was that one official called jump ball and the other called a foul, and in those cases the foul wins out. The replays were strictly to determine the hostile act, because it was already a foul.

11. cjericho

Ahh. have to watch it again, but it looked like Stephenson had a clean jump ball before he acted like a jackass and went for the takedown.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Utah up 3-1. What a bum Carmelo is. Once a fraud, always a fraud.

Donovan Mitchell looks like one of the top five players in the league right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted