1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

That would be far better.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

As one of my mom's old co-workers said, "Well, we all have to feel like we're better than SOMEONE."

Racism is rampant across the board. It's terrible in every instance.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HC and QYFW like this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

In no way can I ever pretend to understand what it's like being black a minority in America.

But I don't trust whitey, either. White men in power. That's an abstract thought, but I've had it for decades now.

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The age of the average voter in this special election can be 67 and the median age of a resident in the district can be 40.

Two things would account for the difference. You have to be at least 18 to vote so the median age of a voter is always going to be higher than the population.

Retirees have the time to vote and turnout is usually higher in that demographic, especially in special elections.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Malkin. "mob."

Famous Canadian participates in American politics.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You think she should have apologized?

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Her four part apology:

"I would like to apologise to anybody I have offended in a recent interview with the Guardian relating to the American President. The question caught me off guard. As a Canadian, I regret answering this unexpected question without giving my response more context."

"I am passionately against discrimination of any kind and hope it's clear from the choices I have made, and the people I stand with, that I do not hold any common moral beliefs with the current President."

"I was trying to explain, in response to a question about the election, that my limited understanding was that the President talked to a portion of America like an accessible person they could relate to, as he was NOT a politician."

"My answer was awkward, but certainly should not be taken as representative of my values nor does it mean I endorse him. I make music to bring people together. My path will always be one of inclusivity, as my history shows."

. ... It's not a matter of whether she should apologize. To me, that reads like she wanted to apologize. ... and to clarify to say that (my paraphrase) she thinks he's a bigoted asshole, and if she had been hoodwinked by his bullshit and she was American, right about now she'd be feeling buyer's remorse.

BadgerBeer and FileNotFound like this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I wonder how the Dixie Chicks feel about the phrase"intolerance mob?"

(and, per Ragu, I think she clarified what was otherwise a murky quote.)

Baron Scicluna and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Is that a yes or no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.