1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There aren’t many direct quotes in Passan’s story, but my reading is that they were talking about whether he would be able to be a productive major league hitter over the long haul, not just 45 plate appearances.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ARod is more popular than Jeter in their post baseball careers.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your interpretation is anything that will allow you to avoid conceding the point.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I'll go with the assumption that the Angels can afford it.

6. Dick Whitman

Last year Nicky Delmonico of the White Sox batted .366 in his first 45 MLB plate appearances.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's an OK player. A bit moody.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Gammons was on MLB radio with Steve Phillips and Eduardo Perez this morning talking about his aneurysm and said how hopeless it felt when it happened to him. He said when he woke up, his wife gave him some mail and, among it, Don Mattingly had sent him a necklace with a crucifix on it that his wife had given him when they were 17 years old. Mattingly said he couldn't think of anything else to do for him, so he wanted Gammons to have the necklace. With that support in mind, Gammons asked the White Sox to get a message to Farquhar that Gammons had completed a 10-mile walk that morning, 12 years after having the brain surgery, to let Farquhar know there is hope for him.

9. Dick Whitman

My brother's best friend died at age 29 from one of these (as did, tragically, his sister). He was alone at the time. I imagine Farquhar would have died, too, had this happened a couple hours later or earlier, and not when he was at work.

10. Dick Whitman

The White Sox are not contenders as it is, but it was pretty clear that they had no interest in playing this weekend after Farquar's incident. They were outscored 27-2 by the Astros in the sweep. I can't say for sure that there was a cause-and-effect there, but you would think.

11. Dick Whitman

Danny Farquhar medical update

Danny Farquhar's medical team reported today that Danny is progressing well following a successful surgery Saturday to address the aneurysm. Farquhar has use of his extremities, is responding appropriately to questions and commands and is speaking to doctors and his family.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Great news.

Dick Whitman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.