1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

(record scratch) So there I was...

Batman likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh my Boston just got pantsed at the end of the first

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Blazers fan bois are saying Stotts needs to go. I contend that a 4-0 sweep is more about the GM and the roster than a coach. Amirite?

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you blame it on the GM when you just got swept by a team with a worse regular season record.

I don't know that Stotts needs to go... but I don't know that he needs to stay, either. They lost 4 out of their last 5 in the regular season too, and two of those losses were to teams that missed the playoffs. They absolutely gagged away this season.

The Pelicans are a lot better than they get credit for. Losing to them is not a gots-to-go situation. Still, I don't see any compelling reason to keep him. If they think there's a better option out there, fire away.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement with you in a way. I think the current roster is as good as you're going to do with Stotts as the head coach. Going forward, if you're looking to change things up, I think you either have to fire him and hope the next coach can get more out of Lillard defensive, or trade Lillard. Was he the primary defender on Jrue Holiday, or was it McCollum? Because while Holiday was pretty damn good, most players get a little worse in the playoffs, and instead he shot 56.8 percent and scored 27.8 a game, in addition to locking up Lillard.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cavs/Pacers Game 4 winner takes the series.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Cavs just aren’t very good.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Marv WTF are you talking about? Yes Stephenson had all ball, but then he pulled and dragged Green to the ground.

edit: Finally the other dope corrects himself and says it was a hostile act by Stephenson.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Lance Stephenson. Basketball troll extraordinaire.

cjericho likes this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They were so stunned that the "hostile act" was called on the guy who threw the other guy to the floor.

Marv needs to be put out to pasture. Retire, put his feet up, gnaw on his girlfriend.

11. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Chris Webber is one of my all-time favorite athletes. Every time he speaks during the broadcast, I die a little inside.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, he did. Just doesn't show up in the box score.

He tried one at the end of regulation. Foul called on McHale. But because of the rules at the time, Jordan got only two free throws instead of a third that would have won the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted