1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Can you clarify your feelings about white supremacy? As in, it seems like you don't believe it exists, or you believe it often doesn't exist where it is claimed to exist. Same with privilege. You seem to take a wry view of any discussion along those lines. I'm just not sure if it's because you don't believe in it, or you don't like the language used, or you just want to tweak the left.

I'm asking sincerely. I don't really get where you stand.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

1) It exists.

2) The “space” it occupies is (mathematically) trivial.

3) The phrase “white supremacy” (and related) as currently in use is nonsense.

As re: the MAGA-hat guy mentioned a few posts earlier ... read the story.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Re: 3) Do you think it's interchanged too much with "racist" and is there a difference to you? If you do, that might explain 2) to me. Because you have to know that more than a trivial percentage of Americans are racist.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the spokesman for alleged Small Government is actively profiting from taxpayer dollars.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Roughly 63 million!

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It’s only nonsense in how less frequently it is used than it should be

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You know, it's pretty amazing how many white people hate admitting white racism is a very potent (not all-powerful) force in our society. It's a demonstrable fact proven in countless social science studies (including studies of the 2016 election). But for some reason, people who'd be mortally offended, and often justifiably so if they were called racists can't even acknowledge how strong it is. Putting my thinking cap on about that.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I get to ask you a question now. My children ... I and my wife have poured our hearts and souls (and purses) into inculcating in them the idea that they will: 1) get educated and become gainfully employed; and 2) then marry; and then 3) have children. Which one of these insistences was racist and/or “white supremacist”?

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The part where you refuse to openly acknowledge, or at least distract from the fact, that they will be aided in every step of their pursuit of those goals by their whiteness.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He only hates governmental programs when they aren’t funneling money into his pocket.

HanSenSE and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Are they standing uncomfortably far behind H. W. to avoid fondling?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.