1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Perhaps Mittens should’ve waited until after the state convention to pop off about Trump.

2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

My intent was a good natured ribbing. Thank you though for affirming my message board rights. There is so much insider banter here that sometimes us outsiders have questions. One is what is the inside joke with all the initial posts, e.g. OPKKIRSDT ?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So anyway, the special election in Arizona's 8th district to replace Trent Franks is Tuesday. The Republican is gonna win, based on the early voting pattern (there are about two Republicans for every Democrat in the district). That's not what interests me. Early voting data also reveals that so far, the median age of voters is 67! That's my age! Half the adults in the district are older than me!!! Who the hell would want to live in a place like that? It's an age ghetto.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What time is it?

EXECUTIVE TIME!

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

EXECUTIVE TIME CONTINUES!

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Damned irony that the oldest man ever elected to the presidency is also the most childish one to hold that august position.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Has no one told him about the history of negotiations with the Norks?

9. Michael_ Gee

If he'd left the word "denuclearization" out of the tweet it would've been almost accurate. I'm sure he's been briefed that North Korea regards just having a summit as a big win, but I'm also sure that went in one ear and out the other because he thinks anyone getting to meet him has gotten a big win.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think for the entire district, the median age is around 40. At least that's how I read one of the charts I looked at.

11. Michael_ Gee

Then there must be a lot of big families in the district with loads of young children to knock down the median. Of course that's entirely possible.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

NSFW/language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.