1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I bet the Sixers wish Simmons had stayed 4 years in college.

Chef2 and sgreenwell like this.
  2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I feel like we could have something with this Pelicans-Warriors series as long as Rondo and Curry are healthy.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That Blazers team had me fooled, man. I believed in them.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Thought of some folks here when SportsCenter tweeted the following info last night:

30 PPG Career Postseason. NBA history. Michael Jordan 33.4, 179 games. Anthony Davis 30.1, 7 games.

And then wrote, "Anthony Davis and Michael Jordan. That's the complete list."

Well, okay!

For the record, LeBron right now is 28.5, Durant 28.7.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Interesting. I just went back and looked up Kareem and Wilt's playoff scoring records. Both of them averaged 30 with their original teams (Bucks, Warriors) and scored fewer after they were traded to the Lakers and Sixers/Lakers. Also, LeBron may well need to get his career average over 30 if the Cavs are even gonna beat the Pacers, and he's played oh so many playoff games.

6. Michael_ Gee

Oh, yeah, one more thing. Wilt's career playoff REBOUND average was 27.5.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This could be the end of LeBron!

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

As Michael is kind of getting at as well, I think that might be a bit of a "junk" / trivia stat and not really that telling. Jordan never really had a playoffs decline phase like many other superstars did, and Davis obviously hasn't either.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Joel Embiid is my new favorite player. I like him on the court and love him off the court.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Has he gotten Rihanna yet?

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Same here. Seeing him in person scared me a little, though. He moves a little like Fred Sanford, like he's constantly in foot pain.

poindexter likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

It's the 32nd anniversary of Jordan's 63-point game, which I had the privilege of covering at the old Garden. Jordan had his 63 without making a three-pointer. He didn't try one, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted