1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Apr 9, 2018.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

At this point, I'm more of a casual follower of the Sharks than a fan, but I used to always hate when they played dump and chase attacks. Those teams always seemed to prey on San Jose's lack of physicality in the corners on defense.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That is never, ever why they lost.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. It's why they're so frustrating. They had a game like last night's in the regular season at Winnipeg in which they played incredible for 50 minutes then went into the turtle for the last 10, blew a two-goal lead and lost in overtime. They never turtled last night. Kept attacking. It was impressive.

My post Game 2 rant ... well, it's not like a diehard fan has never overreacted to a bad loss before. :)

5. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Never ever ever?

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

They looked suddenly solid last night. When Columbus had possession, the Caps seemed pretty calm and collected, and kept things outside. Can't remember more than one or two mad scrambles in front of Holtby.

It's going to be so frustrating when they revert to the usual form for Game 6 (after winning Game 5, of course .... gotta get us set up for a Game 7 nail-bitter).

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Minnesota right now...

[​IMG]

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Insane last 10 minutes in the Avs-Preds game. What a finish. And then there was this

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The home teams in the two Metro Division series are 1-8.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Penguins have the Flyers right where they want them with Game 6 in Philadelphia!

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And that's why I'm worried about today's game being back in D.C. Trend has to change at some point, right?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I would love to watch these games with you.

ChrisLong likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted