1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So has Trump's.

melock and lakefront like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The sad thing about all these GOPers retiring - I'm guessing they'd rather hold on to their campaign war chest - Dent has $938k.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Liberal, Beaver terrorists convicted.

Terror Bombing Suspects Found Guilty

“After a four-week trial, a federal jury convicted Patrick Eugene Stein, 49, of Wright, Kansas, Curtis Allen, 50, of Liberal, Kansas, and Gavin Wright, 49, of Beaver County, Oklahoma, on one count of conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction and one count of conspiracy to violate the housing rights of their intended victims. Both conspiracies stemmed from the defendants’ plot to blow up the apartment complex in an effort to kill the Somali Muslim immigrants who lived there. The jury also convicted defendant Wright of lying to the FBI.”

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Damn, Clinton’s gonna lose in 2020.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Mission Accomplished Mr. Hannity.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Very interesting twitter thread. New York is considering removing the prohibition against double jeopardy for a state case that duplicates a federal case... say, a federal case that someone had been pardoned already been pardoned for.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Vice seems like to like this Beto fellow.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The more that I read about Michael Cohen and his shady Russian/Ukrainian connections, the more I think he is royally fucked, but maybe not about Trump.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, it all traces back to Trump, because 99 percent of what Cohen was doing (even if he was enriching himself in the process) was in the name of / at the behest of Trump.

My bet is that the financial records are leading them to eye-popping things. Just from things we kind of know about there was the shady Trump Tower "deal" in Azerbaijan, for example, in which they were in business with some scary people, and a lot of money changing hands for what is now an empty building in the middle of nowhere. And a bunch of other things like that. I understand what you are saying -- if Cohen was an agent for Trump to the Russians doing things to interfere with the election, it may be the least of his problems. It seems likely the Feds started digging deeper into Trump's business / personal sleaziness, and they are finding money laundering schemes, various types of fraud, tax evasion, etc. The fact that it includes international gangster types, Russian oligarchs, etc., if that is the case, wouldn't be that surprising.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.