1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Broncos beat writer — Denver Post

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Mar 29, 2018.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Well that's definitely more than 45k a year and would think whoever gets this job is going to have more than five years.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The Post lost both Broncos reporters to the Athletic. This ad is written for one reporter. I wonder if they are cutting the staffing to one for the Broncos? Unitil Jeff Legwold went to ESPN the Post had three.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It sounds like a shared beat "partnering with a colleague." I wonder if the other hire will be internal.

4. LanceyHoward

I missed the part about shared beat. But given that the Post is down to six sportswriters so if they add one Bronco reporter that will leave seven. So if they staff two for the Broncos and one for MLB, NHL and NBA and one columnist that leaves one additional staffer. Boulder and Loveland can cover CU and CSU but still.

I say this as someone who idolized the sportswriters on the Denver Post in my youth (say what you want about Paige but you have no idea how bad the Rocky Mountain News sports section was until he got there) and remembers the great Denver newspaper sports sections from the 80's through the demise of the Rocky.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I'll second the opinion on Nicki. She does a fabulous job on the Broncos beat.

6. BaseballGuy1

BaseballGuy1 New Member

What's the status of this job?

7. twinsfan1424

twinsfan1424 Member

Boy, that's a loaded question considering the state of the Denver Post lately .... the status is ..... questionable...

8. Ahangst

Ahangst New Member

Is relocation assistance possible?

9. LanceyHoward

I subscribe on-line and the Post has run one small Bronco story in the last week. God God, you would think they would get someone on that beat on a temporary basis but they seem to be doing that.

10. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

There are four Broncos stories posted in the last 24 hours on Post’s Broncos page. God God, you would think you could navigate a site better than that.

twinsfan1424 likes this.
  11. LanceyHoward

I just checked and there are indeed four stories posted in the last 24 hours. According to the website they were posted between 1:37 P.M. and 3:28 P.M. on Tuesday, April 17. My post was at 7:25 A.M. So they were put on the website after I made my post.

So while I probably have poor navigation skills it is irrelevant to my post. And for what it is worth I did not include the two stories from yesterday. The reason is that while they appear on the website they did not appear in my Kindle edition of April 16.

Tweener likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted