1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

It is always interesting watching people like QWERT arguing for the wrong side of history. Is there any doubt that he and his type would have been LOLing at those damn, dirty hippies that were undermining our brave leadership during the Vietnam protests? Or how about those damn uppity negroes that were making it difficult for hard working southerners to take a bus to work. LOL.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Turns out he is.

Another MCCA member.

Damn that common sense gun reform!

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Wow, you are an American hero. At home with your kids. Congratulations on greatness. (I am not making light of you being with your kids but it seems like an odd thing to brag about. My father was with us nearly every single Sat. Because... he was a father.)

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Oh, this is fucking rich ...

(Disclaimer ... I'm one Republican who has never liked her, except if she does a naughty librarian music video)

Seriously, Sarah? You're passing judgement on someone else's kid? Maybe David Hogg used some F-bombs but from what we know about him, he hasn't knocked anyone up (as your daughter allowed to happen to herself) and he hasn't allegedly beaten up his father (as your son was accused of doing).

He's the perfect child compared to your whelps.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Swearing is still awesome

Big Circus and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sarah Palin gettin' the vapors over a 17-year-old kid cussing. I do declare....

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sure are a lot of snowflakes whining today about the protesters being big meanies.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Right-wingers are in an unenviable position. Hundreds of thousands are teenagers are protesting because they are literally scared for their lives and standing in opposition to them is a hard-right organization that funds so many of their beloved GOP candidates and politicians.

At the same time, right-wingers have to defend the indefensible presidency of Donald J. Trump, (a beneficiary of NRA largesse) who jettisons advice from professionals in favor of the inane blabbering of Fox News "personalities" like he was a generic septuagenarian in a rumpus room at Leisure World in Mesa.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tom Nichols is a smart guy who knows he's spent years on the wrong side of history and can't stand it. He knows what the right thing is, and often says it, but he hates doing it. Nichols also completely forgets the violence that suppressed the marches he cite and how outspoken the marchers were denouncing it. He's not a bad guy, but he's not much of a historian except in his Cold War specialty.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Getting shot at in school doesn't qualify as inhumane?

I don't know if we'll see a spike in younger voters, but they don't need to tick up much to make a major impact this fall.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Can you point me to any?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.