1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The White Minstrel Show by Kevin D. Williamson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, no, it makes for some great jokes.

I think Donald Trump hates America and is committing treason. He should be hanged.

Just kidding!

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"scour?"

It's the thing for which he's famous.

Also, isn't it a little snow-flakey to expect folks not to have an opinion about a professional opinion-haver like Williamson?

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

“opinion”

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Right.

And Williamson is a professional opinion writer. And routinely provocative.

Does AG Conservative - whatever or whoever that is - really believe it's unfair for people to have an opinion about Williamson's work? And then to express it?

Williamson provoked them, after all. It's his job.

When I see words being deployed like "scour" and "mob," i see someone hiding behind dishonest language.

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Fired.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So, he lasted a Scaramucci.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Kevin Williamson may have just become a martyr. (And he's not even that good or incisive a writer.)

I'm anti-abortion rights. But I'm anti-capital punishment with equal strength. And if one believes - as I do - that the abortion issue is much larger than the pregnancy, that its legality is tied in part to the way women were treated before it became legal, then I'm not sure what shaming and punishment accomplishes. Folks on both sides of the issue know how solemn a decision it is. Women don't wantonly enter into it.

I think the anger that surrounds the issue ties back conservatives' anger about their standing in culture. They cannot understand, nor wrap their heads around, how one side of America can insist on human rights so strongly and yet stop at abortion. It wounds them, and not in some fake way. Out of that anger can come some real poisonous venom.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL, is there a Band-Aid big enough to cover that wound?

Oh this wound those baby killers keep giving me!

It's the human equivalent of #facactastats

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted