1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NFL off-season thread: Mr. Alex Smith goes to Washington

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Less than a 3rd round pick is an offer they couldn't refuse?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Didn’t the Michael Bennett deal confuse you as well?

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Yes

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No that was me.:)

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Harris County District Attorney's Office accuses Bennett of injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic woman who was working to control access to the field during the game. Prosecutors claim Bennett, 32, injured the victim after he pushed his way onto the field after being told to use another entrance for field access.

She must have picked him out in a racist manner and let everyone else on. Everyone is always picking on him.

QYFW likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What are the qualifications for that job?

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

https://deadspin.com/grandstanding-houston-pd-chief-calls-michael-bennett-m-1824034509

" Acevedo called Bennett “morally corrupt,” “morally bankrupt,” and said, “I think it’s pretty pathetic that you’d put your hands on a 66-year-old paraplegic and treat them like they don’t exist.”

According to Acevedo, Bennett “forcibly opened locked doors” on his way to the field at Super Bowl 51 before pushing past two stadium workers and injuring the 66-year-old paraplegic woman. She apparently suffered a sprained shoulder, and according to Acevedo, when a police officer confronted Bennett, he told them “Fuck you,” and “You all must know who I am, and I could own this motherfucker. I’m going on the field whether you like it or not.” The officer then walked away from Bennett."

It sure smells like he is being really being charged with being an uppity rich negro, being charged with a felony for pushing past a security guard and the police chief holding a press conference to question his morals.

9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

I love Barstool.

Barstool Sports

"Also, and I might get some flack for this one, but what the fuck is the paraplegic lady doing as a security guard? At the Super Bowl no less. I understand inclusiveness and all that, but at some point being a paraplegic has to encumber her ability to do her job. Hey Betty, someone just ran onto the field at your security checkpoint. What are you going to do? Wheel after her?"

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Gotta be honest: That was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw the story.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

NFL committee: Non-catch by Steelers' Jesse James would be a completion in 2018

So, the Jesse James play against the Patriots would be a catch under the rule adjustment proposed by the NFL competition committee. I'm not sure if this will be clearer going forward and it just makes the whole thing more annoying to me. Also, it doesn't address the major problem with that play, that the replay officials seem to have forgotten the part about only overturning calls if there is indisputable evidence.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

She was asking for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted