1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Agreed he’ll he more like Cena or Orton. I think hell work more than Lesnar and be on TV to build his feuds but I doubt hell be in random 6 man tag matches every week

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

That was highly predictable.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I dont understand why theyre telling this story with KO and Sami having legit reasons to be upset. Theyre going to get more heat if they turn on him without being fired, they should be doing this just because theyre bad guys not bc theyve actually been screwed

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

All I know is, somehow, some way, I still want Bryan to be Strowman's tag-team partner in a modified Team Hell No/Hell Yes arrangement. Allows him to work off any rust, fatigue, etc. as he works back into shape while Braun does the heavy lifting, no pun intended.

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Were there not rumors a few days prior to Bryan getting medically cleared that he refused tagging with Shane at Wrestlemania because Shane would be in the match 95% of the time?

I doubt Bryan wants to team up with Braun and have him do all the heavy lifting.

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Maybe they don't go the tag route. Maybe we get a Bryan-Owens-Zayn triple threat and Shane is the special referee. A triple threat would be almost as good as putting him in a tag match for helping him shake off ring rust.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

My bold, crazy prediction on Braun: He waits until just before his Wrestlemania match against the Bar to name his partner, and out comes -- James Ellsworth. It would be Braun essentially saying, "winning with this guy would be just like winning the tag titles by myself," and it would be a cool 'full-circle' moment as Ellsworth made his WWE debut as a punching bag for Braun. Where they would go from there? Well, I haven't thought that far ahead.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

The Ultimate DELETION was indeed wonderful.

Curious as to why it's not on HULU tho. The show ends with the Balor/Rollins vs. Miztourage bit.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

"Get these hands!"
    "Every man with two hands has a fighting chance."

Gold.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Either that, or another scenario I've seen in the IWC where he gets Hawkins, throws him around, and he gets the pin, ending his losing streak.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Titus O'Neil got suspended two months for yanking Vince out of the way at Daniel Bryan's retirement celebration.

Matt Hardy just threatened to delete Vince. I think that should be cause for termination.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I fng love this whole thing because it's so off the wall. And, TBH, the Ultimate Deletion was so much better than anything the WWE has produced outside of its ring. The Wyatt's vs. New Day at the Wyatt Compound was OK, but there was nothing really behind it. It certainly was better than Randy vs. Bray in the House of Horrors match.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted