1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And we have a winner...

JRoyal likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

And so it begins...

JRoyal and John B. Foster like this.
  3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Bryan will open Smackdown tonight. I wonder how long the ovation will be.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Yes chants ought to be amazing.

John B. Foster likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Also, since there is a past history, they always could have had Bryan challenge Cena. He can say that since the Undertaker is not being commited, so he will commit to a Wrestlemania match.

6. Baron Scicluna

As always, Matt Hardy says it all:

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. John B. Foster

Speaking of Undertaker, if he does come back, do you believe he comes back as American Badass, or his regular character?

I would not mind seeing the old American Badass, tbh.

8. nietsroob17

Apart from when he won the belt at Mania, I think this may have been the best Yes moment.

9. Baron Scicluna

The pop he gets when he pushes Bray away is amazing.

10. John B. Foster

With Gargano probably being called-up after Wrestlemania, I would not mind seeing him feud with Bryan. Would be a great way to throw him into the fire off the bat.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

You have to wonder what his wife thinks. I remember a behind the scenes doc where HHH told Shawns wife hed take care of him out there before Summerslam 02. Im sure given the relationship theres few people shed trust with him more than Cena, even if he doesnt have that Bret hart/HHH safe worker reputation.

Bryan prob feels that way about Sami Zayn. Wonder how much influence he had in getting him a prominent spot in this storyline.

The possibilities if he works full time are endless. Program vs Seth Rollins. Cesaro. Samoa Joe. Roode. Shinsuke. Rusev.

The number of fantasy Bryan fueds just shows how they have the deepest roster theyve ever had.

12. Baron Scicluna

Their roster depth now is amazing, when you consider how they were maybe around 2010 or so, when every other match was Cena, Orton, Batista, Big Show, Kane and a cast of thousands.

If anything, with their desire to get everyone on the PPVs, it gets a little too crazy when you get main event-caliber guys in the opening match.

I doubt Bryan will work a full-time schedule, though. Maybe the TVs and PPVs, and major house shows at MSG, Chicago, Philly and a few other places.

Draft saved Draft deleted