1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marlon Brando, Pocahontas and me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 19, 2018.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Well some public figures you have to take their word and not question them, like John Skipper.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

She's been accepted by the Lenni Lenape, but that's everybody's safety tribe. Might as well enroll in the Mohegans. At least that's a party tribe.
    She's applied for the Commanches and Choctaws and is still waiting to hear back, but she's really hoping to get into the Navajos. Everybody knows that's the best tribe out there.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cherokees not mentioned!?!

I’d get angry but I don’t have a large enough blood percentage to get on the roll.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Cherokees are one of those snooty private tribes that you need connections to get into. And then everybody has names like Joseph Running Bear IV.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That last sentence reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.

Off topic a little, but over the past couple of weeks I’ve been wondering why there seems to be no Native American cuisine restaurants.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This isn't one?

Buffalo Wild Wings® | Wings. Beer. Sports.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jeep missed out on the chance to have Cherokee Parks pitch Jeep Cherokee.

9. Dick Whitman

Back to the point of the thread:

Look, I know it triggers people to talk about it, but she claimed that she was Native American on a job application. I don't know why it is so difficult to write that these women would be the first verified Native American women elected, then mention that Warren has claimed she has Native American ancestry, but hasn't proven it, and some have called it into question. Why walk on eggshells about this?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We have an Indian taco and frybread food truck. It is delicious.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Feathers or dots?

12. Dick Whitman

We went to some thing this weekend at our local county park where they were making maple sugar just like Injuns used to make in the day. It was damn good maple sugar.

Draft saved Draft deleted