1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Skipper Reveals . . .

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Azrael, Mar 15, 2018.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

For the eighth time, I don't know or care. I think that it's journalistically irresponsible to write a story that accuses someone of lying but has no evidence to support the claim.
    In my most recent post, I inquired about the modern state of libel law and whether an author or media outlet might be successfully sued if the story in question offers no evidence of a claim but links to another story that does have backing.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

typefitter needs validation on his argument or he'll explode: Yes, Mrs. Skipper deserves an apology from her husband for blowing coke for 20+ years, at the very least. Full stop.

Resume. Nobody believes the apology stops at coke addiction. Except maybe you. There, feel better?

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Are you talking to me? I've been very clear about this. I haven't said John's story is true or not true. I have said that your jumping to "hookers" is shitty but consistent with your history of making giant leaps in non-logic. That's all I've said. Asking the question is fine. Providing an answer with zero factual basis is not fine. Simple fucking math and the last I'll say on the subject here.

You have that weird Trump thing of never being able to admit that you're in the wrong. It's not a sign of strength.

wicked and Slacker like this.
  4. Songbird

Oooh, you did that Trumpian comparison thing again! Word up!

The simple fucking math lol is that I've admitted I'm wrong here many times.

You're adorable when you lose your shit.

5. typefitter

Sorry I didn't like your horse story, man.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Don’t be that particular dick.

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. Songbird

Oh, everyone knew it was coming. The over/under on posts till he got there was 12.5. The overs win!

8. typefitter

What? It changed everything about how we interact, and whether he wants to admit it, that's the truth. I'm sorry I ever agreed to read it.

Anyway, doesn't matter. Mars has two moons. Life's rich pageant goes on.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And it's one of the greatest albums ever.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  10. typefitter

REM are maybe the biggest band who most completely vanished. I love so much of their stuff. I never hear anybody talking about them anymore, and they're hardly ever on the radio. But the fucking Animals will get played until the end of time.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

INT NIGHT: A HOME IN SUBURBAN CHICAGO

A man of around 40 peruses the web while the game he is watching nears halftime.

DICK WHITMAN (V.O.)
    Well, this appears to be a thread worth digging into. Fascinating topic. Some breaking industry news. Some interesting cats seem to be contributing. I think it would be a great idea for me to jump in later and can’t see any way that would end badly at all.

END SCENE

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Well DW now that you're here, if you're Skipper's attorney you suing Travis?

Draft saved Draft deleted