1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Vince not that stubborn after all. ;)

2. John B. Foster

This probably played a factor.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wow, that was a real kick in Vince's grapefruits. Score one for decency.

John B. Foster likes this.
  4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Here, have a Snickers, Vince.

Why?

Because you were tying a big event on your flagship PPV of the year to a human trafficker when you're hungry.

5. John B. Foster

As for Asuka & Charlotte, an IG story that Charlotte posted yesterday reminded me that they could also play it as Charlotte following in the footsteps of her father with his series of matches vs The Great Muta. I'd like to see some references about that.

6. John B. Foster

Oh, how the times have changed:

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I've tried and I can't muster the energy to care about the Moolah thing. At all. What happens to the Warrior courage award now? Surely that has to go. His vile language is much worse, more offensive and more readily available online, is it not?

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Cody Rhodes has built himself into an immensely greater position than he ever had in WWE, and he is a good guy, too.

9. Baron Scicluna

Ken Shamrock telling The Rock to bash him in the head with the chair, and Rock nearly killing him with it is my all-time WWF chair moment.

Times certainly have changed.

10. Baron Scicluna

His language was vile and offensive, although my understanding is that he apologized for some of it before he died. But he wasn't stealing money from anyone (well, except those who paid for Halloween Havoc '98) and he didn't pimp out anyone. Plus, the idea was Warrior's and his wife is a spokesperson for it, so I could see it staying.

The Moolah thing was just tone-deaf. I don't think she deserves the Benoit treatment, because she was a large part of women's wrestling history and it wouldn't be fair to the other wrestlers whose careers live on in video matches with her. But in this day and age, there's no need to glorify her as some sort of trailblazer.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I think Mae is the much more supportable, with the great tribute when she passed, and the women's tournament.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Who that has said the kind of stuff he said about gays is not persona non grata in any public industry? He's way farther off the reservation than John Rocker or Mel gibson.

Draft saved Draft deleted