1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ashtabula, OH Sports Editor arrested

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Justin Biebler, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

It is stunning, no?

2. Old Time Hockey

Old Time Hockey Active Member

Cockroaches probably write better sentences than these ...

"Despite being the game’s most-willing passer of superstar status perhaps in history, if not since Magic Johnson, anyway, he is also the NBA’s most selfish superstar in relation to his team when it comes to his contract.

"Three times, now, James has held franchises perhaps not hostage, but put their ability to build and put together the best possible team by not being willing to make a commitment before becoming a free agent."

3. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

Those made my head hurt. I've seen better writing on discarded grocery lists in Giant Eagle parking lots. ... If only shitty writing was his worst offense.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

How the fuck does this guy get a job?

5. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

Not sure why Amico would want him associated with his website.

6. Will Graham

Will Graham Member

Maybe someone with a keen eye for sentence structure can verify this, but it seems our intrepid pedo-reporter is now writing for the same NBA-themed website under a pseudonym. To me, it's the same schlocky writing, only his real name and face are gone. I know our country has bigger problems than whether or not this ass clown files NBA reports from his basement, but ethics matter in this business.

7. Doc Holliday

what's the new pseudonym?

8. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

He's going by Colton Jones

9. Doc Holliday

It appears Don McCormack suddenly quit writing around Jan. 15 after that awful column that appeared in this thread (about LeBron James). Wheels89 posted that on Feb. 10. A look at his bio shows Colton Jones began writing Jan. 28. Looks like between Jan 15-28, somebody figured McCormack out, said something to Amico, and they went with the pseudonym. Wonder what ole Don has on Sam?

"I don't know why Sam drug his old tired bones in here. He musta owed Don something fierce."

-(that's an improvised line from Hoosiers)

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Somebody oughta hide-strap his ass to a pine rail and send him up the Monon Line.

franticscribe and Doc Holliday like this.
  11. Doc Holliday

Love it.

12. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted