1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ's biggest fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 25, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Still invested, but after the Broncos won SB50 and the crap show that followed the past two years, I'm not as geeked up for the orange and blue. I'm good for another five years or so.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Did you go apeshit when Tebow beat the Steelers?

As a Ravens fan, I enjoyed the hell out of that.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is the kind of bitterness we see when the Ravens lose three in a row to the Steelers and miss the playoffs for a third consecutive season. :)

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Even though I haven't lived there for awhile, I'm still a fan of the Chicago pro teams (Cubs excluded). I've adopted the Seattle teams since I moved to the region in 2009.

I'm a University of Iowa alumnus, and still tend to follow the Fat 10 teams, especially in football. They had a fine bowl season in 2017, in case anyone forgot ... :)

Although I didn't attend Wazzu (hi murphyc!), they're the closest D-I school to me now, and I've attended a few games in Pullman. Go Cougs!

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yaa. Fuck em. You’re ok, but fuck THEM.

6. Does Jordan Spieth count? ;)

MileHigh likes this.
  7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

The Bama fanboy contingent has really thinned here, to the great loss of the board, IMHO.

(Still can't believe you guys ran off Gay Talese!)

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Giants. Warriors. 49ers. And keep tabs on San Jose State, in the event they succeed at something some day.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about Sons of Sam Horn. o_O

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I haven't had a rooting interest in a team in decades. In fact, I've taken my kids to games and find I have no idea how to act when I'm sitting in the stands and not working.

That said, there are teams that bring me a bit of joy when they lose, because of either the people in charge or their obnoxious fan bases.

cyclingwriter2 and jr/shotglass like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Who here would actually admit to being a San Jose State Spartan fanboi? ...

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hell, I'll admit to being a Shippensburg University fanboi. Everybody's got their home boys.

Draft saved Draft deleted