1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 PGA Tour Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the BEAR TRAP really derailed Woods.

One thing I definitely wouldn't have guessed is Woods ever again leading the field in driving distance.

Be interesting to see where he plays next. Bay Hill seems like a given. wonder if he might play Valspar.

playthrough likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely terrible news. As DG said, a giant.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Pete is a master with visuals. You think there's no landing zone out there and it turns out you've got a space as big as Kansas, and vice versa. Whenever I use profanity on a golf course, "Damn you, Pete Dye!" is often what I'm screaming. The Honors Course, outside Chattanooga, is my favorite Dye creation, but there's a ton of genius at HarbourTown. The Dye Course in French Lick, Ind., might be the hardest course in the U.S. I've ever seen. It's like walking a tightrope for four hours; you know disaster lurks, you just don't know when you're going to see it.

6. I interviewed him many years ago, He was a good interview and got a lot of good stuff from him.
    Alzheimer's sucks, at any age.
    Man, I hope I can play golf at 92.

7. playthrough

My buddies say the same thing. "What did you shoot?" "92. Too much Pete."

The Dye Course at French Lick is outrageous. Too bad there's not enough infrastructure down there to ever host a PGA Tour event, with the course playing from the tips. The seniors had their hands full at the Sr. PGA there a few years back.

My heart aches for Pete's wife Alice, who is one of the all-time great women in golf.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

USGA just announced that the 18-hole playoff at U.S. Opens is donezo. Starting this year, two-hole aggregate playoffs for all USGA Open championships.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I got a text from a non golf friend who saw Alison Stokke on sportscenter last night (she was with Ricky on 18 watching). He didn't know they were together.

Is there any guy who isn't an Alison Stokke fan?

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think you quoted the wrong post.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Billy Burke and George Von Elm (played a 72-hole playoff in 1931) just rolled over in their graves.

12. playthrough

I think the 18 holes was a great way to settle the national championship, but they should have retired it immediately after Tiger vs. Rocco. Nothing was ever going to top that.

And now that they've announced it, we're guaranteed a playoff this year!

Draft saved Draft deleted