1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ's biggest fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 25, 2018.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a fan of the SJ navel-gazing threads, but seeing this one...

...made me wonder who are the biggest fanbois on SJ? Chris' love of the Ducks is towards the top, but I'm thinking the leader in the clubhouse is @Neutral Corner and his chronicling of the UAB Blazers football team.

Of course, I have two team names in my handle, so I'm guilty as charged. What say you? Who do you think are the biggest fanbois...preferably of a sports team, not of an economic or political position?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Don't you have to start with @outofplace and his Steelers? I don't think he's ever mentioned another football team.

@Rhody31 adopted the TB12 method in honor of his hero.

I think a couple times @Dick Whitman has been the only one in attendance at certain White Sox games.

I suppose I defend Cleveland teams cuz no one else will.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hopkins Lacrosse for me, but they suck now. Off to a 1-2 start. Not making the playoffs at that rate.

Buck likes this.
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I would think I would be among the biggest defenders of the Blue Jays and The U.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've mentioned the Browns quite a bit to make fun of them. Does that count?

Regarding the overall thread, I think you have to distinguish fan and fanboy. Sure, I post about my favorite team a lot, but I'm also willing to criticize the Steelers as a team and as individuals. We've got a few posters who won't do that.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don't think the Browns count as a defense that you talked about professional sports teams.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I try not to be too incessant about it, but definitely me and the Angels. And the Chargers and San Diego State to a lesser degree.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I love hockey. Now that I'm retired, we bought Ducks season tickets. It's a "thing" for my family. So, probably, yes.
    They are the team I know the most about, thus the team I post most about.
    Posting the comment about Getzlaf's goal was more of a heads-up to the other coast, whose members aren't aware of what happens on this coast. I thought it was a unique score so I shared it. I've seen on here clips of fantastic goals by Crosby, McDavid and others. It's all for the sport and the board.

I Should Coco, TigerVols and Vombatus like this.
  9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'll be the first to admit my fanboi love for the Cardinals... I think the Arch gives it away (lol)... but I just love baseball in general.

Definitely a Colts and Michigan fan in football, but I do talk about other teams.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Manky and the Yankees

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And specifically Jeter.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Has @YankeeFan ever once talked baseball on here? Asking sincerely.

Draft saved Draft deleted