1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI arrests "several NCAA assistant basketball coaches"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 26, 2017.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

With any luck, we'll get to Selection Sunday and won't be able to find 68 schools that haven't had their athletic programs disbanded.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Actually $200,000

Helluva bargain for that National Championship he delivered to Kentucky.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And to think Bruce Pearl got a 3-year show-cause for hosting Aaron Craft at a BBQ at his house.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

To be fair, he got the show-cause for lying his ass off about it more than actually doing it.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know, and for that I'm actually not a big defender of him (nor, for that matter, lying-under-oath-Bill-Clinton) but still, I think the point stands.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yes, the NCAA put itself in a position where very few people respect their rules because there has been no consistency in how it enforces them.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is absolute nonsense. How much do they pay coaches?

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And for telling the recruits and their parents to lie to the NCAA about it.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I was telling my co-workers yesterday the same thing about Washington State. As bad as they have been pretty much since Tony Bennett left, I'd hate to think the Cougs were cheating on top of playing bad ball.

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I like how the new stories came out right before March. They'll have to talk about it during March Madness broadcasts now, right?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, they'll just offer a brief mention in the beginning, then it's time to move on. If anything, they'll talk about how the players and coaches are overcoming "adversity" and showing mental toughness

murphyc and I Should Coco like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted