1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State AD charged with perjury -- *UPDATE 2* Sandusky Arrested Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by linotype, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Joe Paterno could not be reached for comment."

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

So Scott will channel him from the grave.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

In which one line will hit close to home for all the former and present journalists around here...

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch it. I mean, how can I not watch it. I don't think the girl looks much like Sara.

And, man, the Joebots are rumbling already.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

THat’s bullshit. If you pray, He will answer

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Does Tom Hanks look like Ben Bradlee?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm not going to watch, in protest; I didn't see one local waitress in any of the clips.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Watched PATERNO last night. I thought the way they chose to portray Paterno was ... interesting. Like a doddering old man only concerned about beating Nebraska who never really caught on to what was happening. I don't know if that is true to life or not. There were also some weird scenes that just seemed to go on too long, like that weird pool dream sequence or him struggling with not coaching his first game.

They nailed the casting for Scott Paterno.

Curious to hear others' thoughts. Anyone else watch it yet?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I do remember Penn State putting out a terse statement prior to his weekly press conference alerting media that he was only going to answer questions about the upcoming game. It seemed very clear, in real time, that he didn't grasp the magnitude of what was going on. I think they eventually canceled the press conference after people went bonkers.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's how I recall it, too.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yeah, they cover that in the movie. But they also insert a lot of dialogue that seems to portray Paterno not really grasping what was happening, repeatedly asking stuff like "what are we talking about here?" and "why do they want to talk to me?"

Apparently a lot of the dialogue for the movie came from Posnanski's experience with them for the book.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Appropos of nothing, the Posnanski book thread was one of my favorite journalism topics threads here of all time.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted