1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wealthy L.A. Schools' Vaccination Rates Are as Low as South Sudan's

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 16, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's the shingles?

It doesn't usually progress up or down.

Shingles is a viral infection that causes a painful rash. Although shingles can occur anywhere on your body, it most often appears as a single stripe of blisters that wraps around either the left or the right side of your torso.

Shingles - Symptoms and causes

I had it on my torso a couple of years ago. Was the worst.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Got a flare up at work last year, which wouldn't be bad if I wasn't caddying. First day of the season is was like 85 degrees and I got dehydrated real fast. Felt it come on after the 16th hole, grinded out the last two holes.
    It ended up with me at my house, laying down, just trying to find a comfortable position. Lots of crying. Two days later, wife ridiculed me into going to a walk in. I went, got the pill that fixes it, life was better. Doc told me the pain from gout is similar to what women suffer during childbirth, so I can confirm childbirth sucks.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Want to know what childbirth feels like? Just grab your lower lip and pull it up over your head." ~ Carol Burnett

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There’s a new shingles vaccine licensed late last year that data show is vastly superior to the live-virus one already in use. It’s two shots instead of just one, but it looks to be worth it.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have an odd fear that I will get shingles.

6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Yeah my doctor told me I just missed the new vaccine. I went to the surgical opthamologist the next day, two hours of tests. Luckily I have no eye damage yet (knock on wood). Will have to follow up with him in a couple of weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted