1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Taking off your pants at the end of the day and realizing you were walking around all day showing off an ass crack shit stain.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Not quite that bad, but either going to the bathroom or taking off your pants following a long day only to realise your fly was down this whole time. No one said anything but you wonder how many people noticed

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

BOGO. Fuck, just let me buy the first one at 50% off.

expendable likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

I remember standing in line at a Rite Aid and there was an older woman checking out and scrutinizing the charges as they were rung up. At some point she started complaining that she was being charged for something that was supposed to be buy-one-get-one. She accused the cashier of charging her twice. The checker said no it rung up each item as 50 percent off. But it is supposed to be get one free. The checker did his best to explain but the woman was having none of it. She finally told the guy to take the items off because she wasn't going to pay for two even if each one was half off and how dare he not honor the advertised sale.

Vombatus and Tweener like this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

People who send emails with read receipts.

MTM likes this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Had an old boss who put PLEASE READ in the subject line. Every time.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I had a boss at a certain four-letter website who would put "re" in the subject line of every email, so that you initially assumed it was a response to something you wrote him. In hindsight, it's all of a piece with his personality, which was shady and low-down.

8. playthrough

Not every web story should have a tease to another story in the middle. But if it does, you may want to check it first. Hence, the story I just read about an execution in Florida of a man from Evansville, Indiana, wouldn't have a link in the middle to "Eight things to do in Evansville this weekend."

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Who's to say it shouldn't be one of the eight things to do?

Vombatus likes this.
  10. playthrough

Fair point, I didn't look. They're not getting my click, dammit!

Vombatus and Spartan Squad like this.
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm calling bullshit. There aren't eight things to do in Evansville.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Being asked to take a goddamn survey after every transaction I make, no matter how minor.

Slacker likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted